This is my Valentine’s treat to you!!! Valentine’s Day is fast approaching. My hubby and I have been invited to celebrate with a group of friends. So I decided to make this delectable cake into cupcakes.
When I had my business PattyCakes it was my absolute most popular cake. I thought I’d share this recipe with you today so you can enjoy it as much as we have.
So here goes:
Chocolate Carrot Cake
- 2-1/4 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup of Dutch process cocoa powder – sifted
- 1-1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 cup oil (I use grapeseed)
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 8oz crushed pineapple with the juice
- 2 cups grated carrot
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
Heat oven to 350 degrees
Line 2 regular cupcake pans with liners or grease and sprinkle with cocoa one 9×13 pan
- In a large bowl, beat together sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla.
- Beat in pineapple with juice and carrots.
- Add flour mixture beating only until smooth
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Using a scoop fill your cupcakes 3/4 full
- Or spread into your prepared pan
- Cupcakes: bake for 21 minutes
- Cake Pan: about 21 minutes as well or till done when a toothpick comes out clean
- Let cool
- Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1-8oz pkg of cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1 cup butter at room temperature
- 4 1/2 -5 cups of icing sugar – sifted
- Pinch of salt
Cream your butter and cream cheese together until well blended. Add salt. Then add icing sugar a bit at a time and beat until smooth. Frost your cupcakes with your favourite decorating tip.