Hello my dear friends…it’s been awhile. Please forgive me for being MIA for so long.
With all this Covid stuff, at camp all summer and life ,I’ve not felt like posting anything..but I’m in the mood now.
Thought I’d start by sharing a new cookie…spices mean fall and they are yummy. They are soft and pillowy. They remind me of a cookie my husbands grandmother made..so when I saw this recipe I had to try it.
Enjoy this with your favourite drink.
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 3/4 tsp cloves
- 2/3 cup of shortening softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 3gg
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350
- whisk flour, baking soda , salt, cinnamon and cloves in a bowl
- cream the shortening and sugar with electric mixer
- beat in molasses and egg until combined
- add the dry ingredients alternating with the milk on low speed
- use a scoop ( I used a #24) it was the perfect size
- bake for 12-14 minutes ( I did 12 on convection bake 325)
Note: they were soft and pillowy and yummy