I’ve prepared something special for you today since I haven’t posted for a while.
We have had a crazy few months helping out friends with their new house build. So there has been shopping sprees, packing the old house, more shopping, Making all the selections for the house, being there for much of the installations etc.
So today I wanted to treat you for being so patient with me. Thanks for that.
I prepared ribs with a dry rub and cooked them in the oven. So use your favourite dry rub recipe. And I always use back ribs. They are more tender. I put together this blueberry bbq sauce which I first simmered then poured onto the already cooked ribs. I am now baking those till they almost fall off the bone. Which won’t take long since they are already cooked.
Don’t hesitate to use it on pork tenderloin and other meats
So here goes!
Blueberry BBQ Sauce
- 3/4 cup of ketchup
- 1/2 cup of cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 TBSP of regular molasses
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups of blueberries, fresh or frozen
- place ALL ingredients in a saucepan over high heat.
- add 1/2 cup water stir
- bring to a boil
- reduce heat and simmer till thickened and still chunky, about 20 minutes
- Pour over your prepared meat
- Bake in 350 degree oven and cook till meat is almost falling off the bone.
Note: if using with another meat other than ribs…pork tenderloin I would sear first then pour sauce on top and bake in 400 degree oven. I would do the same for thick pork chops etc.