Making bread again..but this time it’s raisin bread. Again it smells wonderful in here. I’m loving these no knead breads…man…you prepare the dough the night before and in the morning it’s ready to go. No kneading at all!
So here goes!
Rustic Raisin Bread:
You will need a cast iron dutch oven with lid.
- 3 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp yeast
- 1-1/2 tsp salt
- 2 TBSP of sugar
- 2- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup water (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup milk (room temperature)
- in a bowl large enough for your bread to double in size mix flour, yeast, salt, sugar, raisins and cinnamon
- add milk and water and mix till well blended
- dough will be rough and a bit sticky
- transfer dough to another bowl lightly oiled
- cover with plastic wrap and leave to rise for 15 hours
- on a floured board turn you dough (without kneading) till you get somewhat of a ball…it will be very soft
- place on a parchment paper large enough that it will fit in a cast iron dutch oven. Cover with a clean cloth and let rise one hour
- pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- place your cast iron pot with the lid in the oven for about 10 minutes to warm up
- lift your parchment paper with the bread and place it in the dutch oven
- bake for 35 minutes with lid on
- remove lid and bake another 10 minutes