This cake is just delicious. It’s moist, has a creamy cream cheese frosting…raisins. What more could you want???
This cake recipe belonged to my aunt Murielle…she is my late mom’s sister and I love her to the moon and back. She has stayed with me while recovering from a couple of surgeries. She has helped me pack when moving…love love love her!!!
So this recipe is hers…and it is very tasty.
So here goes!!!
Pumpkin Sheet Cake
- 3 cups of all purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1-1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 6 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups of oil ( I used grapeseed)
- 3 cups sugar
- 1-28oz can of pure pumpkin purée – NOT PIE FILLING
- 1-1/2 cups of raisins
- 1-1/2 cups of chopped walnuts – toasted for topping
- in a medium bowl whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt & cinnamon
- in bowl of a stand mixer beat eggs, oil, sugar and pumpkin till oil is well blended
- add raisins
- pour into a 12”x17” sheet pan greased and floured
- bake @ 350 degrees for approx. 30 minutes
- if it springs back when touched it is done
- Cool on rack
- frost with cream cheese frosting and top with toasted walnuts
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- in a stand mixer with the paddle attachement beat 2-8oz pkgs of cream cheese at room temperature , 1 lb of butter at room temperature and 1 tsp salt
- Add 9 cups of icing sugar – sifted a bit at a time
- blend well between additions of icing sugar
- Note: you’ll think at first that the cream cheese frosting will be too soft…but once the icing sugar is all added it will be perfect consistency. Freeze what’s leftover for another time.
- You can 1/2 the recipe