Put on your cowboy boots cause you’re going on a cookie ride!!! This recipe is huge…makes about 5 dz cookies…large cookies.
Been looking at this recipe for a while now and today was the day to try it. Not overly peanut buttery…but a nice subtle flavour…but lots of texture with the oats, peanuts , chocolate chips etc. Lots of butter ….YUM!!!
By now you should know that I’m a chocoholic! If I can sneak chocolate into something I WILL! I truly believe there should be a medical test for those that don’t like chocolate..just sayin!
Your kids will devour these. When my kids were at home they would literally inhale fresh cookies…they would never make it to the freezer. Kind of miss those days. Always a full house of kids.
So here we go!
Peanut Butter Cowboy Cookies;
Note: I doubled the recipe. I find why not freeze some for unexpected company or to surprise someone!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup of peanut butter ( I used smooth)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup peanuts (no skins) roughly chopped
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 12 oz chocolate chips (about 1-1/2 cups)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, set aside
- In a larger bowl or in a stand mixer, cream together butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, peanut butter, vanilla. Beat for 3 minutes until smooth
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well between additions.
- Add the dry ingredients gradually beating in on low speed. Scrape bottom of bowl to make sure all is incorporated.
- Increase speed and mix for 1 minute
- Use a # 24 scoop…(my favourite for cookies)
- The batter will be stiff
- Bake for about 14 minutes….till slightly browned and soft to the touch.