These cookies are the bomb!!! I got this cookie on the internet a few years ago and it has become a favourite. I made some for the Hospice I volunteer at. When I start taking the first cookie sheet out of the oven there, they quickly disappear. Who doesn’t like a warm cookie right out of the oven??? The chocolate is all gooey, the nuts crisp….nice andsoft..whatacombination!
When I made them last week at the Hospice my hubby quickly requested that I make some for home…today is the day!
This is a huge recipe…makes six dozens cookies….I used a #24 scoop. I baked them for 10 minutes on convection…two cookie sheets at a time.
So here goes!
Chocolate Butterscotch Oatmeal Chewy Cookies:
NOTE: with a #24 scoop this recipe will make 6 dozens cookies
IN A MEDIUM BOWL
- 3-1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt (kosher) it dissolves better
- 2 tsp baking soda
IN A VERY LARGE BOWL (everything will go in this bowl)
- 2 cups of brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 cups of butter (1lb) softened
- 4 large eggs
- 4 TBSP milk
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
IN A LARGE BOWL
- 5 cups of oats (old fashioned)
- 2 cups of semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup of butterscotch chips
- 1-2 cups of nuts, chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine dry ingredients – flour, baking soda, salt in medium bowl
- Cream butter, sugars, eggs, milk & vanilla in very large bowl…whisk well till smooth
- Combine oats, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, nuts & raisins in large bowl
- Add flour to butter mixture and mix well with spatula
- Now with disposable gloves on, add oat mixture to wet mixture and mix well with your hands
- Now with a #24 scoop place cookies on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
- Bake for 10 minutes…..adjust cooking time depending on how large/small your cookies are
- Cool 5 minutes on cookie sheet then transfer to a cooling rack
DON’T OVERCOOK!!! You want the centers to NOT be set so the cookies will stay soft and chewy.