See what happens when you substitute ingredients….something deliscious happens!!! Sometimes! LOL…well this was one of those times. Love when that happens!!!
I used chocolate chips and salted caramel chips…and a gingersap crust. YUMMMMM!!!
My hubby was the taste tester today and he loved them! They’re a keeper he said. YES!!!
I’m getting all kinds of baking ready to ship to our son and his family for Christmas. The kids love when the “Christmas box” arrives. They jump up and down they’re so excited. It’s so much fun to watch them unpack that box…sob sob that they’re so far away.
Enough about my sob story….let’s not waste time talking and let’s get baking…and tasting LOL
Finely crush your gingersanp cookies. Add butter, flour, baking powder. Press into a greased 9×13 pan lined with parchment paper.
Layer all remaining ingredients as listed in recipe.
Let cool completely then cut into bars.
My Magic Cookie Bars…a new twist!
- 1 1/2 cups of ginger snaps …finely crushed
- 1/2 cup butter very soft
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup salted caramel chips
- 1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14oz) can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- place crushed ginger snaps in stand mixer or food processor
- add very soft butter, flour and baking powder
- mix in low till completely blended
- press into a prepared 9×13 pan…greased and lined with parchment paper
- Layer remaining ingredients…in order listed
- Bake at 325 for 30 minutes
- Let cool completely
- Cut into squares or bars