Fall is here and that makes us hungry for comfort foods. So the other day I decided to make a Shepherd’s pie recipe I found while browsing the internet.
It turned out really good…when my hubby took a bite he said “it’s a keeper”…that’s always my sign that I should post this…
Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
Peel & boil your potatoes. Add buttter, a bit of milk and Parmesan cheese. Salt & pepper to taste. Mash and set aside.
Brown your hamburger…then drain fat…add onion, garlic and toss for for a couple of minutes till onions are translucent.
Add beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, onion soup mix and frozen veggies. Stir to mix. Simmer for about 3 minutes. It will remain cooking in the oven
Put mashed potatoes on top. Sprinkle a bit of parsley and grated Parmesan cheese on top…place in 350 oven for about 30 minutes..till top of potatoes are nicely browned.
I cooked mine in a cast iron skillet so I could transfer it to the overn…dirtying only that pan.
- 6 large potatoes..boiled and mashed
- 6 TBSPs butter…room temperature
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- just a bit of milk …for mashed potatoes
- 1 1/4lb of hamburger meat
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 large onion
- 1 large clove of garlic minced ( or my garlic paste ..see add ons)
- 1 cup of beef broth
- 2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 envelope of onion soup mix
- 2 cups frozen vegetables…carrot/peas/green beans/
- peel & boil potatoes (for mashed potatoes)
- add butter, a bit of milk, Parmesan cheese, salt & pepper to taste
- set aside
- meanwhile, brown hamburger…drain fat
- add onion, garlic and sauté for about 3 minutes..till onion is translucent.
- add beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, onion soup mix, frozen veggies…stir to mix
- simmer for about 3 minutes…this will remain cooking in the oven
- top with mashed potatoes
- make a design on top with a fork
- top with some Parmesan cheese and a bit of parsley
- bake in a 350 oven for about 30 minutes….till top of potatoes are nicely browned.