This will be the shortest but yummiest post I ever make. YOU WILL THANK ME FOR THIS! See this green garlic paste? We never let ourselves run out of this. It’s always in our fridge ready for use.
We saw this on a cooking show years ago and my hubby experimented and he succeeded! The scene was in Italy and the mom brought a bowl of this out and put it on the outdoor table where her family was gathered..and they scooped it out and dipped their bread in it. But I tell you it’s great on chicken, fish, garlic bread, you name it you can use it. Add some to your Chili, spaghetti sauce, etc. Be creative!!!
Note: it will last in the fridge for weeks!
- one whole bulb of garlic peeled
- 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt
- pinch of parsley
- in a small food processor add all the garlic cloves…the whole bulb of peeled garlic and mince
- add the olive oil and mix again
- add salt and parsley and mix again
- place in an airtight container and put it in the fridge
- Note: it will set like soft butter. It will take a couple of days.