This soup is fast to make and is really delicious! Took me about 30 minutes from beginning to end.
I”m testing different soups to make at our local Hospice. I”m sure they will love this one!
Love when something comes together fast and it’s really good too!
So here goes:
Sausage, Spicach & Potato Soup
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 lb Italian sausage, casings removed (however spicy you want)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3/4 tsp dried oregano
- 3/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp crushed red peppers flakes (or to taste)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 lb potatoes, diced (small potatoes diced is easy too)
- 3 cups baby spinach, rough chop
- 1 cup heavy cream
- heat olive oil in a stockpot or dutch oven. Over medium heat cook sausage until browned. Crumble sausage while cooking. Drain excess fat.
- stir garlic, onion, oregano, basil and pepper flakes. Cook and stir frequently until onions are translucent. Season with salt & pepper
- stir in chicken broth and bay leaf, and bring to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender..about 13 minutes.
- stir in spinach until it begins to wilt. Stir in heavy cream and bring just to a simmer. Salt & pepper to taste.
- serve immediately….( I sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top)