Hi there! You will thank my grandson Cohen for these cookies. Every year I send a couple of boxes filled with treats, Christmas gifts , games etc. They live in another province.
While we were facetiming one day he put his face close to the screen and said “grandma can you make me some monster M&M cookies?” I laughed and said “of course I can”….so off to the grocery store I went…bought M&Ms with peanuts in them (by mistake) but they turned out very yummy! It’s a huge bag from Costco so I’ll pack the rest in the box.
I must say they turned out delicious…thanks to Pioneer Woman for the recipe! It’s deeeeeeeelicious as my granddaughter would say! LOL
So here goes!
Monster M&M Cookies
- 1/2 lb butter softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 TBSP vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt (it melts faster)
- 1 1/2 cup quick or regular oats ( I used old fashioned)
- 1 cup M&Ms or more to taste
- 3/4 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 1/4 cups of Rice Krispies
Directions – makes about 3 dozens.
- Preheat oven to 375 (350 on convection is what I used..two racks)
- cream butter and sugars till light and fluffy
- add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition
- Add vanilla and beat
- combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and kosher salt
- add to mixing bowl and mix till combined (don’t overmix)
- add in all additional ingredients and mix well…I used my hands
- Do not overmix
- use a cookie scoop ( I made monster cookies, about 3 1/2 inches across once cooked)
- bake 13-14 minutes or until golden brown
- serve with a cold glass of milk